At Chef Koochooloo, no two days are ever the same. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Information System Management: Manage the database and recipe editor.
- Instruction: Teach the created recipes in live classrooms, capturing data on the children’s learning and creating surveys and reports on our methodology
- Content Management: Draft, build, and edit stories, recipes, math and science related curriculum and video blogs. Read and align existing curriculum to Common Core and National standards.
- Marketing: Celebrity and blogger outreach, community & social media.
- Business and Partnership development: Recruit NGOs and educational institutions to pilot and buy our solution
- Communication & Public Relations: Draft press releases, TV, Radio and News-sites.
- Accounting & Finance: keep track of expenses and enter them into
- Fundraising: Draft business plans, pitch decks, grants and accelerator applications
- Collaboration with engineers to make improvements to the technology solution
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles of curriculum development.
- Knowledge of educational and training development.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- The ability to teach students how to use logic and think critically, cook, analyze an issue/argument, recognize relevant scientific information and determine at what point there is sufficient information to reach a conclusion.
- The ability to teach students how to reason quantitatively, solve quantitative problems, analyze a quantitative problem, recognize relevant information and determine at what point there is sufficient information to solve a problem.
- Teach low-income participants the basics of food and kitchen safety, food preparation, and making healthy choices and substitutions when cooking, according to the highlighted objectives of each lesson.
- Create recipes that demonstrate key nutrition, food budgeting, and food preparation lessons each week.
- Assign kitchen tasks that allow each student to gain hands-on practice and improve their cooking skills.
- Supervise students in the kitchen (classroom), encouraging proper technique and gently correcting as needed.
Desired Additional Qualifications
- Professional culinary training or experience working in the food industry.
- Interest and comfort in working with low-income individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups (average class size is 10 participants).
- Ability to travel to class location.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, technology education and production
If interested, contact Layla@chefkoochooloo.com