Software Developer for EdTech App
Koochooloo Inc. is an international educational conglomerate designed to teach young students science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) topics as well as global awareness and cultural competency. Our patented culinary app, Chef Koochooloo, is a gamified platform that teaches children math, nutrition, science and global competency through healthy cooking. Click that link to Sign Up and tour the app to see what you’ll be working with.
As our Software Developer and Education Technology, Innovation, and AI Researcher, you will dive into our code base and immediately contribute to our product, executing and iterating upon a product road map and product vision that brings a new way of learning to all children.
Our ideal candidate…
- …is a self-starter, a strategic thinker, a strong communicator, and an intuitive collaborator interested in gaining experience and/or growing their network.
- …is interested in business and owning a business.
- …has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- …wants to become a founder or a co-founder of their own business someday.
- …is looking for either 5-10 hours a month of paid part-time work or interested in an executive, equity-based role.
- …must have excellent interpersonal skills combined with a willingness to develop and grow.
About the Role:
We are looking for an innovation and technology researcher that will contribute to the current product roadmap, write technological grants and development proposals, and undertake research efforts to iterate upon the product roadmap.
The current application is built on the following tech stack and the candidate must be familiar with these technologies:
- Backend – React JS
- Web services and backend – Node JS
- Database – Mongo DB
- Design Tools – HTML
- GitHub and Google Cloud Environment
Our Problem Areas (What We Need Your Help With)
Namely, what we’re looking for is a candidate that can help us with:
- We’d like to make our app available with Clever and strongly prefer candidates with experience in this field.
Add features, like Language options
- Explicitly, we should be able to view all lessons in any language.
- Particularly: English, Spanish, French and Dutch at the bare minimum.
Attaining offline access
- We would like for our application to be available offline, and to be able to automatically save students and teachers’ progress within a lesson should Internet access be intermittent.
- These include issues with Saving and Signing Up.
- Application programming including coding, testing, documentation
- Strong writing and research skills
- Speaks English and either French/Dutch
- Extensive experience in artificial intelligence and its applications
- Marketing and grant writing experience
- Interest and experience with educational technology
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships coding and work collaboratively in person and in remote settings
- Data analysis and visualization skills
- Working on or recent grad with a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
Compensation: $400 per month
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous successes and qualifications for this job. (Please include links to educational apps/products that are currently in the market). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Developer and Education Technology, Innovation, and AI Researcher” in the subject line.
Chef Koochooloo Inc. is an E-Verify participant. Chef Koochooloo is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.