Information Collection And Use
While using our website, if you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, this data is only used to enhance your user experience. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to: your name, email address, and your phone number. Other personal information we collect during the use of our application include dietary restrictions (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, etc.) and recipe preferences (when saved to Favorites). The personal information we use will not be saved, used or distributed by our website and is only used to enhance personal user experience.
Voluntary methods of data collection
You directly provide Chef Koochooloo with most of the data we collect. We collect and process personal information when you:
- Register online for our email newsletter.
- Download Chef Koochooloo’s app and register with an account.
- Subscribe to Chef Koochooloo services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on our website or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Involuntary methods of data collection
Like many website operators, Chef Koochooloo collects information your browser sends whenever you visit our website. This log data includes: your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and browser version, as well as the pages of our website that you visit, the time, date, and duration of your visit.
Data storage and cookies
Cookies are text files with a small amount of data that include a unique, anonymous identifier. They collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. These functional cookies may also include what language you prefer and the location you access our website from. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through these cookies, which help keep you signed in to our web application, and help us understand how you use our website. For further information on cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can prevent your browser from accepting cookies at any time, but if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but no method of electronic storage for information transmitted via the Internet is 100% secure. We strive for the best industry practices to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Chef Koochooloo securely stores your data through encryption and deletes all data after 3 months.
Third party websites
Data protection rights
It’s a high priority here at Chef Koochooloo to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from Chef Koochooloo. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Chef Koochooloo correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Chef Koochooloo complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Chef Koochooloo erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Chef Koochooloo restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Chef Koochooloo’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Chef Koochooloo transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, you accept our promotion of other products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies and our Chef Ambassadors. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Chef Koochooloo from contacting you for marketing purposes. We will never give your data to our partners. We will only advertise our partners to you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here to let us know, and we’ll remove you from our mailing list.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you feel that Chef Koochooloo has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the U.S. Office of Civil Rights (OCR) regarding Civil Rights Data Collection by emailing OCR@ed.gov or faxing 202-453-6012.
If you are a resident of the EU, you may contact the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Annex. For information on how to file a complaint, visit: https://go.adr.org/privacyshieldfiling.html.