Unprecedented in scope and depth, Chef Koochooloo is a Silicon Valley based, innovative educational platform that engages families in fun interactive cooking games while teaching math, science and geography, and raising awareness for worldwide causes. Harvesting the delicious and discarding the mundane, Chef Koochooloo ignites a sense of fun and curiosity in children. Our customized recipes deliver a fresh take on cooking meals at home and schools, while highlighting the unifying aspects of culture, and celebrating different countries. We are now expanding to Europe and wish to start here in Brussels, seeking bright and enthusiastic business, marketing and engineering interns who can speak French, English or Dutch.
As Content Writer Intern, you are responsible for developing and updating content and setting-up the right channels to reach your internal audience. You will interpret different types of input, align with internal stakeholders and translate these insights into engaging news stories.
You will report to the CEO of the company, located for the moment in Belgium. You will be actively coached by the team members, who are located both in Belgium and in the United States. You will also work closely with colleagues from other functional areas and various business units.
- You dictate notes from the CEO to write potential customer briefs, chapters of a memoire, excerpts of a Cook book, or white papers.
- You reach out to various agents and publication houses to promote the publication of our white papers, books, and school related curriculum.
- You write the copy based on the input and look for ways to visualize the story.
- You set-up the right distribution channels to get the content to the right audience.
- You are a US citizen or resident (For the paid internship). (For non-US residents or citizens, you are welcome to apply for an unpaid internship with us for school credit).
- You are either currently enrolled in school and can take a semester to do the internship, or a Master student in Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism.
- You have good copywriting skills and you are a creative thinker and storyteller.
- You have the social and professional skills to create your own international network.
- You are eager to learn to work with new online tools.
- You have the ability to think visual: (basic) knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and photography/video is a plus.
- You are curious and you set out to explore potential stories.
- You have a high level of initiative and feel comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- You have excellent spoken and written knowledge of English.
You grow, we grow… Better together.