Chef Koochooloo is a gamified platform that teaches children math, nutrition, science, and global competence through healthy cooking. We are looking for a creative researcher with a passion for creating technology and content for STEM and nutritional science education.
We have an opening for an undergraduate or graduate internship for a California-based remote worker.
The Multimedia Internship offers the opportunity to experience the breadth of Chef Koochooloo’s work and to interact with staff from different programs on a range of projects. Interns can expect to work on a variety of branding and key issue projects including supporting the organization’s digital asset management, the production of printed materials for a variety of purposes as well as graphics for our multimedia and social media channels.
- Time Commitment: The internship requires a full-time commitment of 40 hours per week for a period of five months.
- Stipend: A stipend is available for US citizens and residents who do not receive course credit. Winter/Spring/Fall: Stipends are calculated on the number of hours and weeks worked. The hourly rate is $18.00 for undergraduate students or equivalent experience and $22.00 for graduate, law, and PhD students or equivalent experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Product and Content Director, interns will gain experience by working on:
- Support photo and video asset management system
- Website and multimedia graphics and design collateral
- Social media promotional design; memes
- Online advertising design support; buttons, banners
- Print project support
- Creative process coordination as directed by Digital Design lead
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Interns should possess the following:
- Digital design and/or print experience on Mac (PC okay)
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Premiere, After Effects or video editing skills welcome
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- A commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, and social justice
- Commitment to the mission of Chef Koochooloo
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.
This posting provides a general but not comprehensive list of the opportunities of the internship. It does not represent a contract of employment.
If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to our CEO at Layla@chefkoochooloo.com with the subject line: Multimedia Internship.