Creative Writing & Publishing Specialist
Named as one of the Top STEAM Education Platforms in the USA for 2021 Chef Koochooloo is an innovative educational platform, funded by the National Science Foundation, that engages children and families in fun cultural cooking games while teaching math, science and geography to children, and raising awareness for worldwide causes. Harvesting the delicious and discarding the mundane, Chef Koochooloo ignites a sense of fun and curiosity in children. Our customized recipes deliver a fresh take on cooking meals at home and schools, while highlighting the unifying aspects of culture, and celebrating different countries. Check us out at : www.chefkoochooloo.com
Salary: $15 – $20 an hour
Full-time, no benefits
Attention: Since this position is funded by a Grant, we can only pay US citizens. All other nationalities are welcome to do an unpaid internship with us.
Compose written and oral communications such as company owned books and articles, website content, newsletters and social media posts.
Position responsibilities include:
- Maintain and update Chef Koochooloo webpage, Facebook page and other media accounts
- Coordinate, process and reach out to investors, publishers and potential partners for collaboration.
- Syndicate content authored by Layla and optimize and prepare for send off to various publishers and agents
- Reach out to Bookstores and Libraries to promote the sales of our books
- Publish our books on Amazon and Audible
- Experience with, or ability to quickly acquire skills in, web content management applications; website layout, graphic design, social media and other developing communications media techniques.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple projects in and organized, process-oriented manner
- Ability to write in an eloquent fashion and receive feedback from potential publishers to improve writing in progress
- Flexible and adaptable to changing activities, priorities and workloads
- Ability to organize complex information and develop accurate, clear, concise and visually engaging websites and multimedia materials.
Current location: Our team is working virtually due to Covid, with offices in New York, Brussels, and San Francisco. We work 100% remotely.