Our Silicon Valley-based startup, Chef Koochooloo is funded by the National Science Foundation and teaches kids STEM education and social responsibility through cooking. Our mobile and web applications are live on ios and rolled out in 30 various Silicon Valley schools.
About the Internship: Design of STEAM related lesson plans, differentiated by grade level, through easy and healthy recipes, geared to families of Latin-American descent with 1. strong focus on healthy eating, 2. positive cultural identity, and a 3. big focus on strengthening family ties through cooking.
Construction of test items: analysis of content to be taught, collection of resources used in teaching, analysis of linguistic development of students, techniques for developing and evaluating audiolingual, reading, and writing skills. You will also have hours in the field delivering the lessons you have created and measuring the effectiveness of your curriculum.
The candidate who would most benefit from the experience will have:
- A Bachelor degree in the field of education
- Currently in the process of obtaining a graduate degree in education, or curriculum development in the fields of STEAM, Social Emotional Learning, and Language Arts
- A passion for cooking and writing
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Knowledge of or experience with website production and blogging
- Video editing and filming skills
- Deep understanding of social media
Terms: 6-month – 12 months, internship, part time or full time. The intern will need to have access to their own computer, a smart mobile device with an Internet connection.
$48/hour for a period of 6 months