Are you willing to roll up your sleeves, and do whatever it takes to forge new pathways of learning for children? Then this job is for you. Together, we will change the world!
Chef Koochooloo is a gamified platform that teaches children math, nutrition, science, and global competency through healthy cooking. We are looking for a creative content product manager with a background in creating technology and content to scale learning and science, nutrition, and language arts education. This position’s focus is to help make Chef Koochooloo a household name. This is a full-time position in Mountain View, California office, ideal for a former teacher or educator.
About the Role:
We need a technical product specialist & developer. He or she is able to understand, follow a product vision, create a roadmap, and help bring our next version of the product to life.
Areas of opportunity within the IT role include:
- Web Design and website optimization
- UX design and development
- Application Programming
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Customer Relationship Management & Mobility
- Desktop Server Support
- Digital Capabilities
- Finance Systems
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Working on a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- This program is intended as a first practical work experience; therefore, previous work experience is not required
- Proven experience with Databases
- Understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Additional skills sought include:
- A well-motivated individual with drive and discipline to work under minimum supervision
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills combined with a willingness to develop and grow
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future. Remote internships are allowed, but no compensation is provided.
We are a grant-funded small team, composed of 4 full-time employees, 3 part-time employees, and 10 + remote volunteers and advisors.
- Design stable, reliable, and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services, and protocols
Nice to Have Skills
- Video and Audio/Visual Skills
- Design (Photoshop, Invision, Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Adobe Premier)
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology education company. (Include links to educational apps/products that are currently in the market). Email to firstname.lastname@example.org “Education Tech Product Manager” in the subject line. Chef Koochooloo Inc. is an E-Verify participant. Chef Koochooloo is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.