Are you passionate about creating a fun and educational experience for children? Do you love cooking and tasting recipes from different countries? Chef Koochooloo is a web+mobile + social + educational platform that teaches kids about math, science and cultural sensitivity through a cooking technology platform and enrichment program. We are bootstrapped and grant-funded, with a nonprofit spirit, with a passion for making games that will stimulate, entertain, and leave a lasting, positive impression. We pride ourselves on contributing to the local community and creating a positive impact on the environment.
We’re looking for a hands-on tech leader who will take technical ownership for the startup that we’re building, and eventually become our CTO. We are looking for a person who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and able to volunteer for us during 6 months trial period. (6 Months working 20 hours a week, or 3 months working 40 hours a week). At the end of six months, we will mutually determine the compensation package based on cash and equity, and where the startup stands. This position is great for a Mom looking for returnship opportunities, or a Senior Citizen wishing to stay active part-time.
The role includes:
• An unmatched environment in which to develop your knowledge of building early-stage tech startups, not just from the tech perspective but the wider business
• Hands-on software development, where you can apply your skills, knowledge & experience across a range of sectors, business models, & products
• Time split between early concept development (where throw-away prototyping dominates) and product development (where the focus is on building the tech foundation for the new business)
• All the benefits of the startup world (innovation, ownership, pace, etc).
To be considered, you’ll need to prove your ability across the topics mentioned above – leadership, delivery, communication, & technical breadth.
Ability to work with existing codebases.
Previous experience building one or more games in a team-based setting.
Strong mathematical ability.
Be confident across a breadth of programming languages & platforms and able to go deep on specialist areas
• Have experience managing multiple product development projects, aligning a team around those, and delivering to market or users’ hands
• Ideally have a network of developers who are eager to work with you again
• Be a fantastic communicator, able to comfortably switch between managing stakeholder expectations and motivating fellow engineers
- Create monthly and quarterly product milestone reports for our stake holders and funders
- Monitor and analyze market trends
- Study competitors’ services and products
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products
- Provide product training and technical expertise
- Identify and present innovative product solutions (such as building an API that allows us to order ingredients for each recipe that is a part of our app)
- Work within a software development methodology like AGILE
- Coordinate product and milestone releases with various stakeholders
- Answer product-related inquiries
In this role, you own the life-cycle process of growth and continual improvement of education and product content. Your role exists in the intersection of product management, content creation, software engineering, product marketing, and service design. You will identify opportunities through metrics, outline requirements and user benefits, create and manage project plans, manage our software development agency, and deliver program improvements designed to delight our learners and move the needle for our business at large.
We are a grant-funded small team, composed of 3 full-time employees, 3 part-time employees, and 10 + remote volunteers and advisors. You will accomplish all of the above by working closely with our instructional design experts while managing the production and operations, product marketing and design You will be the voice, the vision, and the face of the product you manage, making sure that things are accomplished in a timely manner, successfully hit targets, and with all key stakeholders on-board.
Success in your role will be measured by your ability to impact high-level metrics (measured through revenue and timely delivery of the product.
Experience with HTML5
Experience working in resource-constrained environments, such as mobile or embedded hardware.
Familiarity with basic principles of art and design.
Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, bash, MaxScript, Perl)
Experience with developing for VR
We are located in Mountain View, but working remotely is a possibility.