Unprecedented in scope and depth, Chef Koochooloo is an innovative educational platform that engages families in fun interactive cooking games while teaching math, science and geography to children, and raising awareness for worldwide causes. Harvesting the delicious and discarding the mundane, Chef Koochooloo ignites a sense of fun and curiosity in children. Our customized recipes deliver a fresh take on cooking meals at home and schools, while highlighting the unifying aspects of culture, and celebrating different countries.
At Chef Koochooloo, no two days are ever the same.
As we begin our fundraising activities, we are looking for a COO who reports to the CEO and can take over operations and classroom presence, so the CEO can give focus to fundraising. As the COO, you a proven track record of growth success, and you will be the main point of contact for our customers, and be the person who covers the shifts of our part time culinary instructors (who might have to miss class due to sickness, emergencies, etc).
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Instruction: Teach the created recipes in live classrooms, capture data on the children’s learning and create surveys and reports on our methodology (2-4 hours per day)
- Recruitment: Constantly recruit volunteers to help with photography, design, and other services our customers can benefit from.
- Business and Partnership development: Recruit NGOs and educational institutions to pilot and buy our solution
- Communication & Public Relations: Draft press releases, TV, Radio and News sites.
- Accounting & Finance: keep track of expenses and enter them into
- Fundraising: Assist with drafting business plans, pitch decks, grants and accelerator applications
- Collaboration with engineers to make improvements to the technology solution
- Content Management: Draft, build, and edit class schedules on the website and registration systems, recipes, math and science related curriculum and video blogs. Read and align existing curriculum to Common Core and National Standards.
- Professional culinary training or experience working in the food industry.
- Interest and comfort in working with low-income individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Comfortable speaking in front of groups (average class size is 10 participants).
- Ability to travel to class location.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, technology education apps
Current Classes where in-person presence will be required:
- Mondays 3-4 pm in Los Altos (Santa Rita Elementary school)
- Mondays 3-5pm in Los Gatos (Argonaut Elementary)
- Mondays 2:40-4:40 in Los Gatos (Lexington Elementary)
- Tuesdays 3:45-5:45 pm in Santa Clara (Monticello Elementary)
- Wednesdays 1:30-3:45 pm in San Carlos (San Carlos Charter School)
- Wednesdays 12:30-1:30pm in Los Gatos (Van Meter Elementary School)
- Thursdays 3:15-4:15 pm in Los Gatos (Los Gatos Christian School)
- Thursdays 2:40-4:40pm in Los Gatos (Daves Elementary School)
- Fridays 11:30 am – 1 pm in Menlo Park (Open Mind School)
- Fridays 3:05-5:05 pm in Saratoga (Saratoga Elementary school)
- Fridays 2:40-4:40 in Los Gatos (Blossom Hill Elementary)
The COO will also be in charge of finding part time teachers for all of the above mentioned classes, and filling in the gaps when teachers are not available.
If interested, contact Layla@chefkoochooloo.com
Compensation: This will be an equity based position only until we receive funding, we envision (150,000 shares).