Project and Classroom/School Coordinator & Part time cooking instructor
Our vision is to improve the health, happiness and education for all kids. Chef Koochooloo is a Tech-Ed startup based in Mountain View CA and focused on teaching kids STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art & math) and Global Competency through healthy cooking.
We are looking for and Project and Classroom/School Coordinator and part time in-class cooking instructor.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills, be highly organized and posess a passion for cooking. Candidate must be willing to cook in a classroom setting 1-2 hours per day. Project coordination can be done remotely (at home / off-site) or in our office in Mountain View.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date school calendars, class schedules and internal and external details for our cooking classes
- Maintain and update cooking class instructions by school and by class (school and chef contact info, class dates & times, class instructor, special requirements and school specific instructions for our chefs)
- Teach cooking classes as needed (recipes will be provided to you)
- Manage our educational outreach program that provides meaningful and impactful curriculum that enrich students’ lives
- Use existing templates to create flyers for schools, print and deliver them to schools
- Create school specific sign up links as needed using Jumbula.com (instruction will be provided)
- Crosscheck all content and contact info for consistency and accuracy in school calendar, class instructions and on our website and report any inconsistencies. Manage updates as necessary.
- Be a Chef Koochooloo ambassador at school or enrichment events as needed – promote the program and pass out flyers to encourage sign-ups.
- Must love food and cooking
- Possess an understanding of food systems, and elementary school education
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, Google Drive, Google Docs, Etc.
- Highly organized and proactive with attention to detail\
- Availability to cook 1-2 hours per day in a classroom setting with children
- Ability to expertly use our web app and/or iOS app and follow the lesson plans in the app (training will be provided)
- Creative and design skills in Adobe Creative Suite (nice to have, but not required)
- WordPress (Web CMS) editing experience (not required but would be a big plus)
- Must have recently completed and passed a TB (tuberculosis) test and be fingerprinted prior to start date (legally required for classroom cooking and exposure to children – this will be covered and explained in the on-boarding process)
The recipes we teach are international and based on real food ingredients like whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. We never use any high fructose corn syrup, partially or fully hydrogenated oils, or artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. Our part time teachers and chefs are dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the students we serve receive high-quality, healthy recipes and lesson plans. Currently we serve 30 schools across Silicon Valley and are expanding into to serve new areas and schools every year!