Are you passionate about creating a fun and educational experience for children? Do you love cooking and trying new recipes from different countries and cultures? Would you like to be part of an innovative Silicon Valley Ed Tech Startup that is revolutionizing STEM education?
Chef Koochooloo is an innovative educational platform that teaches kids about math, science and geography through cooking. We have been piloting our curriculum at several Silicon Valley schools and received exceptional feedback.
We’re looking for part-time volunteers, docents and contract teachers to deliver our unique hands-on curriculum to groups of ~15 kids at selected Silicon Valley preschools and elementary schools.
Our ideal candidate is able to teach all weekly classes at the following locations (but you can still be considered for the position even if you can only teach a subset of classes).
Please note these schedules are subject to change, and we constantly have new schools asking us to teach, so the list can continue to grow:
- Mondays 3-4 pm in Los Altos (Santa Rita Elementary school)
- Mondays 3-5pm in Los Gatos (Argonaut Elementary)
- Mondays 2:40-4:40 in Los Gatos (Lexington Elementary)
- Tuesdays 3:45-5:45 pm in Santa Clara (Monticello Elementary)
- Wednesdays 1:30-3:45 pm in San Carlos (San Carlos Charter School)
- Wednesdays 12:30-1:30pm in Los Gatos (Van Meter Elementary School)
- Thursdays 3:15-4:15 pm in Los Gatos (Los Gatos Christian School)
- Thursdays 2:40-4:40pm in Los Gatos (Daves Elementary School)
- Fridays 11:30 am – 1 pm in Menlo Park (Open Mind School)
- Fridays 3:05-5:05 pm in Saratoga (Saratoga Elementary school)
- Fridays 2:40-4:40 in Los Gatos (Blossom Hill Elementary)
(We also need a Farsi/Persian teacher on Saturday and Sundays for 2 hours).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Deliver cooking sessions to a group of ~15 children ages 4-10, following the syllabus created by the Chef Koochooloo Product Development team
- Guide kids in preparing recipes from different countries and discovering the world
- Engage kids in learning activities, such as “learn while you wait”, fun facts and games
- Interest in child development and early childhood education
- Experience working with children (as a parent, teacher, babysitter, tutor, etc.)
- Passion for cooking and for discovering the world through food
- Reliability, organizational skills, commitment – we need to be able to count on you
WHAT YOU GET:
- Experience working with children
- Work at an innovative company committed to creating global citizens
- Hourly remuneration ($25/hour, for teaching time + 1 hour of prep time for each class/school) (So if a class is 2 hours long, you will get paid for 3 hours, if it is 1 hour long, youget paid 2 hours for it).
Interested? Email your resume to email@example.com
Watch a little video about us.