Are you passionate about creating a fun and educational experience for children? Do you love cooking and trying new recipes from different countries and cultures? Would you like to be part of an innovative Silicon Valley Ed Tech Startup that is revolutionizing STEAM education?
Chef Koochooloo is an innovative educational platform that teaches kids about diversity and inclusion, math, science, and geography through cooking. We have been piloting our curriculum at several Silicon Valley schools and received exceptional feedback.
We have been awarded a grant by the National Science Foundation to create a learning opportunity for an accredited teacher who is looking to gain experience in other nonteaching, Marketing, Content, and Business-related tasks (Accreditation and familiarity with NGSS, ELA, Common Core, and IB curriculum is a must) who is passionate about healthy foods, to create content and deliver our unique hands-on curriculum to elementary school students and capture unbiased feedback on a weekly basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Deliver Chef Koochooloo cooking sessions (infused with STEAM concepts) to your group of students in elementary school, (During Corona Virus, we can switch to online channels) following the syllabus created for our gamified application.
- Help create the curriculum and align with IB, NGSS, ELA, and Common Core
- Create Mini Videos showcasing culinary techniques
- Guide kids in preparing recipes from different countries and discovering the world
- Support sales and marketing projects including the creation of presentations and customer stories, customer data analysis and report generation
- Provide your input and ideas to our team, and also help in writing/designing new lessons
Assist the team in Fundraising activities
- Assist team in product and education reporting and research
Advice and assist our team to design and write new lessons and teacher training materials (curriculum and videos)
Customer and industry research
Assist in the organizational management of cross-selling efforts, and other ad hoc operational and Ed marketing requests.
- Experience in child development and K-5 education
- Experience working with ELA, ELD, Common Core, NGSS, IB
- Passion for cooking and for discovering the world through food
- Deep understanding of technological education-related apps
- Knowledge of Teacher, Principal and District level dashboards for various educational applications
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite Products, and other Digital Media tools
- Energetic, self-starter and results-driven
- Review our application ahead of time and discuss via interviews with Chef Koochooloo Product Manager, Founder, and User Researchers areas that you think should be improved and how you can help
- Create one Sample lesson in the Chef Koochooloo format, and align it with NGSS, ELD/ELA, and IB curriculum
- Deliver the lesson to a classroom or via a Virtual Setting
WHAT YOU GET:
- Experience working in an Ed-Tech Startup
- Work at an innovative company committed to creating global citizens
- Learning about Ed Tech Work culture
- Experience working on non-teaching related tasks (such as grant writing, social media, research)
- Hourly remuneration $25/ hour (1099)
Project Time Line:
Full Time (Temporary) Role: June 2020 – Mid August (160 hours per month + commitment to teaching our curriculum once a week in your classroom or online virtual setting).
Working Hours: Although we can be flexible and during the Corona Virus we consider all positions remote, we do expect you to be available online between one of the following hours of your choice:
(All times are specified in Pacific Standard time)
Monday-Friday: 7:00am-4:00pm or 8:00am-5:00pm or 9:00am-6:00pm
(For exceptional candidates, we are willing to review this requirement on a case by case basis)
Expected Outcomes: We expect you to be able to create 160 lessons for us during your engagement. (This would be 1 lesson per 2.5 hours)
Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch a little video about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnjfsUJ7uIY