Post Doctoral Fellow, Human-Computer Interaction with passion in Gamification
Gamifying Culturally sensitive Affirming STEAM Learning Experiences through Healthy Food
Our program provides nutritional education to children in elementary school, through gamified healthy cooking, while aligning the teachings to NGSS standards. Our overall goal is to incorporate concepts, approaches, and scientific tools from both basic and applied science into our program, so that elementary school students are able to transcend conventional specialty boundaries. We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow with a game design- and development background and expertise in gamification. Strong applied research and quantitative skills to join our team to contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the program’s research activities related to Children- Engagement and Health. The program’s research focus includes global health priorities-particularly child health- and introducing culturally sensitive gamified ways to teach nutrition.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to enhance the user experience by gamification
- Contribute to research implementation, data management, and oversight of the research-related activities in Silicon Valley area, including through site visits.
- Communicate with research partners on project-related issues, including tracking progress of the project, securing RB approvals, and other related activities
- Analyze datasets to examine research questions and contribute to the development of peer-reviewed publications
- Co-author and publish conference papers, poster presentations, and research articles
- Contribute to communication of program findings to general audiences
- Support training activities of fellow researchers at partner institutions
- Prepare technical reports to funders
- Other duties as required
- Applicants should have an earned doctorate in Computer Science or a related area of research
- Experience (or a keen interest) in computer games or mobile application design and development is desirable.
- Experience (or a keen interest) in health care technology and a commitment to user engagement is desirable.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Expertise in Applied game design and Gamification
- Expertise in Game Development
- Ability to be innovative, combined with strong communication skills