Are you willing to roll up your sleeves, and do whatever it takes to forge new pathways of learning for children? Then this job is for you. Together, we will change the world!
Chef Koochooloo is a gamified platform that teaches children math, nutrition, science, and global competence through healthy cooking. We are looking for a creative product manager with a background in creating technology and content for Science (NGSS) and ELA content learning and science, nutrition and language arts education. This position’s focus is to help make Chef Koochooloo a household name. This is a full-time position in Mountain View, California office, ideal for a former teacher or educator.
About the Role
Product management at Chef Koochooloo starts with a passion for making a lasting impact on education. You will take our product from initial brainstorm to final launch and beyond, putting our users first in all that we do. You will hold an active role in our classrooms, teaching (using our app) 1-3 hours per day, and working collaboratively with Engineering, Visual Design, Marketing, and more!
As an Ed Tech Product Manager, you’ll drive the roadmap for the Chef Koochooloo game-based cooking platform and educator dashboard. You’ll analyze data to understand usage and customer feedback to inform product features and iterations that optimize learning and student engagement.
As a Chef Koochooloo employee, you will experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative, and non-bureaucratic environment where cool things and big ideas happen daily. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of small, high energy, rapidly growing company at an exciting time in the development of EdTech. We are an early-stage startup, which means each team member should be ready to roll up sleeves and help wherever it is needed. This is not an ideal work environment for people who are not flexible and adaptable and wish to stick to a well-defined schedule each day.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Establish product vision, goals and develop a product roadmap to achieve them
- Wrestle hard strategic, technical, and design problems to the resolution, driving alignment with various partners to identify and design innovative solutions that benefit students and teachers
- Understand, prioritize and advocate for the customer’s needs. Drive research where needed; Interacting directly with students, teachers, and industry gurus
- Define and analyze key metrics and experiments to inform decision-making and measure success
- Communicate data, insights and business requirements clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence
- Collaborate cross-functionally through the development process to bring features to life
- Teach in our pilot classrooms 1-3 hours per day, to ensure you truly understand and embrace the customer’s journey and pain points
- Create content that is inside of the product
- Optimize current elementary education products, adaptive practice, concepts, and learning objectives to develop a state-of-the-art learning platform that teaches healthy cooking and STEAM.
- Develop new products providing personalized learning pathways to address each student’s needs and experience in science and language arts
- Use the app in our Pilot Classrooms, using the product you are designing and managing each day to teach kids the Chef Koochooloo experience, and truly understand and embrace the user journey.
- Construct content and activities for demonstrating cooking, science, and nutrition concepts
Goals of the Content:
- consistent with a student-centered, problem-based pedagogical philosophy
- teaches and demonstrates nutrition, ELA, cooking, and science in an engaging way
- demonstrates the utility, power, and beauty of discovering other cultures and healthy cuisines
- Subject Matter Expert in K-5 Science and ELA/ELD
- 1-year minimum experience in digital learning product development with an EdTech company
- Evidence of product success as defined by usage and improvement metrics
- Minimum 1 year of Product Management experience owning a product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations
Nice to have Requirements
- Elementary School Teaching experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Education technology, Instructional design, Education or another related STEM experience
- Shown strength with model building, defining metrics and running experiments and testing
- Design and write student-facing and/or teacher-facing content for print and digital environments for a specific grade level or grade band in K-12
- 1+ years of experience working in educational settings, with evidence of excellence in instruction at relevant age levels
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter that specifically addresses your previous success at a technology education company. (Include links to educational apps/products that are currently in the market). Email to firstname.lastname@example.org “Ed Tech Product Manager” in the subject line. Chef Koochooloo Inc. is an E-Verify participant. Chef Koochooloo is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through the National Science Foundation and other grants.