Chef Koochooloo is, socially responsible, Education & Social Sciences rapidly growing bootstrapped startup located in Silicon Valley. Chef Koochooloo seeks a highly-enthusiastic Marketing & Operations specialist to join our team and help design, develop, deliver, and support marketing collateral, websites, and reports. The specialist will also be responsible for work in the field, teaching and testing content, collaborating with the culinary team to design, create, and execute marketing campaigns using our curriculum.
Our ideal trainee will use both functional and technical skills, and apply best practices, to leverage the core capabilities of our CMS and content management platforms. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with a ‘can do attitude’ who wish to wear many different hats, and constantly learn new things are the best choice.
What we’re looking for:
A detail oriented, highly-motivated, self-starter, who likes working and staying current with the latest technologies and takes ownership of both projects and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (2-3 hours per day will be spent on writing customer inquiries, pith competition questionnaires, accelerator and investor forms).
- A candidate who is efficient with operational tasks (using printers, projectors, editing power points, supporting the CEO in any administrative tasks that might come up )
- Familiar with HTML, HTML5, CSS
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- Skilled with Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, Keynote, or similar applications
- Experience or willingness to learn interactive marketing techniques including inbound/outbound marketing, demand generation, SEO, SEM, PPC, Analytics, etc.
- Experience with children
- Ability to pick up the phone, or stop by a school and do a sales pitch.
- The ability to work as a team member, or individually, to complete tasks thoroughly and accurately with minimal supervision.
The impact you’ll have:
- Research, identify, and implement new marketing technologies that improve the functionality and performance of our program, decrease costs and maintenance.
- Gather requirements, translate business needs into technical execution, create and localize content, receive feedback, and present results.
- Hands-on development and execution of marketing campaigns including campaign flow builds, email, landing pages, form creation, testing, and tracking.
- Drive and manage email campaign process including content, messaging, segmentation, building canvas, and list management.
- Manage and implement google analytics tags to track user interactions.
- Evaluates potential technical and process-based solutions, makes recommendations, and assists with financial justifications and ROI analysis.
The ideal candidate is comfortable and excited to present our content using our mobile apps in a classroom setting (3-4 hours per day). Currently the schedule of classroom presence is as follows, but please note this schedule will be constantly changing and updating (per requests from clients). A big part of this trainee’s role will be to onboard new customers to add to this list:
- Mondays 3-4 pm in Los Altos (Santa Rita Elementary school)
- Mondays 3-5pm in Los Gatos (Argonaut Elementary)
- Mondays 2:40-4:40 in Los Gatos (Lexington Elementary)
- Tuesdays 3:45-5:45 pm in Santa Clara (Monticello Elementary)
- Wednesdays 1:30-3:45 pm in San Carlos (San Carlos Charter School)
- Wednesdays 12:30-1:30pm in Los Gatos (Van Meter Elementary School)
- Thursdays 3:15-4:15 pm in Los Gatos (Los Gatos Christian School)
- Thursdays 2:40-4:40pm in Los Gatos (Daves Elementary School)
- Fridays 11:30 am – 1 pm in Menlo Park (Open Mind School)
- Fridays 3:05-5:05 pm in Saratoga (Saratoga Elementary school)
- Fridays 2:40-4:40 in Los Gatos (Blossom Hill Elementary)
- Saturdays: 11:00-1 in our Mountain View Office
To be considered for this role:
You will need to volunteer your time with our company for five business days to receive some training, and demonstrate your marketing, computer, writing, research and problem- solving skills (in relation to Chef Koochooloo, details will be presented). The volunteer time can be done remotely with the exception of a demo lesson in the classroom. In addition to three letters of reference from previous jobs, internships, or professors will be required.
The trainee must be available to come to the office or customer sites during business hours (9:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday). There will be a stipend of $1000/month in addition to a $500 Monthly Transportation Stipend (or the use of the company car).