Culinary Arts Instructor & Operations Specialist
Do you love food, cooking and kids? Then we want to talk with you!
We are looking for culinary instructors with teaching experience and a background in culinary/cooking. The instructor must be passionate about health, nutrition and children. In addition, demonstrate good written and interpersonal skills.
Chef Koochooloo provides on-site cooking classes (during the school day or after school) and summer cooking camps to schools and child-focused organizations within the greater bay area, (Mountain View, San Carlos, Los Gatos & Sunnyvale)
Instructors teach children basic culinary skills and nutrition education.
- Lead cooking classes through demonstration and instruction.
- Coordinate set up and break down time with the school
- Complete the Chef Koochooloo Daily Class Reports
- Be responsible for coordinating the lessons and materials
- Prepare support materials and other teaching materials for class
- Grocery shopping
- Teaching experience
- College graduate, preferred
- Cooking/culinary, nutrition, health experience preferred
- Passionate about nutrition, food and health
- Effective classroom and time management
- Excellent communicator
- Work independently
- Ability to drive and have dependable access to a vehicle/transportation
- ServSafe certificate (or ability to obtain one)
- Clean criminal record – must pass background checks
- Be available to work Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00pm.
- Application will consist of:
- Cover letter
- Minimum of 3 references (including 2 professional references).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Interested? Send your resume to: Layla@chefkoochooloo.com