Chef Koochooloo is a web + mobile + social + educational
platform that teaches kids about math, science and cultural sensitivity through a cooking technology
platform and enrichment program. We are grant funded, with a non-profit division,
and we have a passion for making games that will stimulate, entertain, and leave a lasting, positive impression. We pride ourselves on contributing to the local community and creating a positive impact on the environment.
About the job
Are you passionate about creating a fun and educational experience for children? Do you love cooking
and tasting recipes from different countries?
You will be working on helping to create an innovative tech solution that uses Machine Learning techniques to deliver an adaptive learning curriculum that is both effective and highly engaging to students .. Your research could make a huge difference to many verticals: educational curriculum improvement, healthy nutrition, and children’s health.
What can you expect?
- An unmatched environment in which to develop your knowledge of building early-stage tech startups,
not just from the tech perspective, but from a wider business perspective
- Hands-on software development, where you can apply your skills, knowledge & experience across a
range of sectors, business models, and products
- Time split between early concept development (where throw-away prototyping dominates) and product
development (where the focus is on building the tech foundation for the new business)
- All the benefits of the startup world (innovation, ownership, pace, etc).
- Participate in research in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real-world problems
- Data gathering
- PhD degree in Computer Science
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publications at conferences
(such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.), citations, etc.
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic
Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining, or Machine Intelligence.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Ruby on Rails, C++, C#, Haxe, and/or
- Large Scale Machine Learning experience
- Experience with Deep Learning, Neural Networks, or related Machine Learning techniques
- Ability to be innovative, combined with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills