Chef Koochooloo is a web + mobile + social + educational platform that teaches kids about math, science and cultural sensitivity through a cooking technology platform and enrichment program. We are grant-funded, with a non-profit division, and we have a passion for making games that will stimulate, entertain, and leave a lasting, positive impression. We pride ourselves on contributing to the local community and creating a positive impact on the environment.
About the Traineeship
Are you passionate about innovative technologies? Do you want to have field experience in computer science? Is your dream job being a Technical Product Manager? Are you flexible and able to help out your team whenever needed?
During this traineeship, you will help the team by providing your knowledge about programming, product design, UX & UI designing, CMS content creation, data science, and AI. You will be working on the best ways to create content for our CMS, do code reviews with the development team, and research possibilities for implementation of AI.
What can you expect?
- An unmatched environment in which to develop your knowledge of building early-stage tech startups, not just from the tech perspective, but from a wider business perspective
- Hands-on software development, where you can apply your skills, knowledge & experience across a range of sectors, business models, and products
- Responsibility for the technical product and development team. Examples are code reviews.
- All the benefits of the startup world (innovation, ownership, pace, etc).
- A very close team, lots of team building and team activities
Become an expert in the health and quality of our upcoming Ed Tech product • Own the process for collecting, investigating, and triaging internal reports of quality and stability issues • Collaborate with a vendor partner to execute daily triage workflows • Develop and communicate compelling analyses and recommendations over aggregate trends from internal feedback • Inform and deliver new strategies and tactics for delivering high-quality products to end-users at scale • Collaborate with other Engineering partners to implement process and tool improvements • Maintain training and process documentation for product-specific knowledge areas
Minimum Qualification • 1+ years experience interfacing with technologies used to build web and native applications • Experience analyzing and solving problems • Communication experience especially around communicating team impact • Experience with Gaming and educational games Preferred Qualification • BA/BS degree in computer science, economics, engineering or other related field • Experience working with remote teams • Experience with SQL • Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands
- An undergraduate student enrolled in Computer Science
We have a preference for local candidates in Mountain View, CA, but will consider remote candidates as well.